Saturday, October 27, 2012

YALLFest

YALLFEST 2012Last year during the weekend of November 9, I was lucky enough to travel to Louisville, Kentucky with some great friends and present at the National Middle School Conference.  But, this year I will be even luckier on that weekend.  I will be attending YALLFest in Charleston, South Carolina.  Be jealous! 

YALLFest, Charleston Young Adult Book Festival, is held on the historic King Street downtown Charleston.  Ahhhhh, it's so beautiful there.  Even though I visit Charleston every year, I am always ready to return!

The 2012 festival will include 44 (or even more) young adult authors (check out the author list).  Some of those include Kimberly Derting, Melissa De La Cruz, Elizabeth Eulberg, Kami Garcia, and Margaret Stohl just to name a few.  Ok, just to name a few of my favorites.  Obviously, there are lots of other great authors attending also.  I have made a goal to read as many of the YALLFest authors as possible before I go.  An awesome part of that goal is that several of those authors were already on my to read list.  I think that speaks to the amazingness of the festival.

If you too would like to begin your journey through the YALLFest list, please check out some of the reviews I've done to help find yourself a starting point.
Body Finder and Desires of the Dead
Blue Bloods Series
Prom and Prejudice
Beautiful Creatures & Beautiful Darkness
Dream Dark
Beautiful Chaos
The Selection
Take a Bow
If I Stay
The Last Echo

Visit the YallFest website to learn more and plan your trip.

http://yallfest.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment