Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Elite

I've taken a bit of a break from blogging, but I can't think of a better book to make a new start with!  The Elite by Kiera Cass is, like its predecessor The Selection, AHHHH-MAZ-ING!  Seriously, I love this series so much that I could read it every single day.  For those of you who have not read The Selection, you can get some insight into it here.

As The Elite begins, readers are immediately brought back to the competition to be the bride of Prince Maxon and Princess of Illea.  Our main character, America Singer, is still a front runner in the competition.  Her feelings for Maxon are still new and a bit confusing to her, in part because of her old boyfriend Aspen is on the scene as a palace guard.  Oh man, the love triangle!  But, I just can't hide my preference.  It's kind of a surprise to me as well because I always love the boy from home, but this time my heart goes out to the prince.  I love Maxon!  Come on America, get with the program.

The personalities of the other characters begin to really shine.  I loved learning more about Marlee, Maxon, and Queen Amberly just as much as I loved growing to despise Celeste and King Clarkson.  At times, I even found it difficult to watch (in my mind's eye) America making the decisions she made.  I only wish she could see the situation as clearly as I do.  Oh my!
That's THE Kiera Cass!  Oh, and me too.

Kiera Cass is one of the authors I was lucky enough to meet a last year's Y'ALLFest.  She was absolutely precious.  I can't wait for The One, due out May 6, 2014.  That sounds painfully far away.  Sad times.

No comments:

Post a Comment