Monday, June 17, 2013

Dead Silence- The Body Finder Series

I've been a fan of The Body Finder series since I read the first one a few years ago.  If you're unfamiliar with the series, the premise is our heroine, Violet Ambrose, has the mysterious gift of being able to identify bodies that were killed by an "echo" they emit as well as their killers by an identical "imprint".  Check out my reviews of the other books here (The Body Finder, Desires of the Dead, and The Last Echo).  Even though I've loved them all, Dead Silence (watch the trailer here) might be my favorite (it's hard to beat the original).

In Dead Silence, Violet and Jay are gearing up for the start of their senior year.  It's tough for Violet to become excited or even involved in the back to school excitement because she is still struggling to overcome the horrible events of her kidnapping and adjust to her own imprint, which constantly rings in her ears.  However, she does agree to attend a party at the lake.  On her way, Violet is called by the echos of victims of a gruesome murder.  This set off a chain of events leading Violet through many mysterious and dangerous situations.

But, perhaps even more interesting than the crime is Violet's exploration of her grandmother's journals.  Violet learns more about the Center and begins to realize her involvement may never have been her own choice.  It's creepy!  Oh man.
I got to meet Kimberly Derting!  Good times!

I've got to say I really wish there would be a fifth book in the series.  The ending was open ended enough to allow for it or even for Derting to tell the story of one of the other characters.  I hope it happens!  I've not read The Pledge yet, but I would certainly like to.  Also, a new series with the first book being called The Taking is due out next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment