Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Silence

I would like to go on record once more and say that I love the Hush, Hush Saga by Becca Fitzpatrick.  I mean LOVE it.  I can see it so vividly in my mind.  And, sadly enough I even find myself wishing I was Nora.  I know, but, Patch, he's just so dreamy.  Besides, what girl doesn't want her own personal guardian angel.

So, obviously I eagerly awaited the arrival of Silence (watch the trailer here), the third installment in the series.  This book finds some new twists and dangers.  First, our dear Nora has been taken hostage by the evil Black Hand.  While under his watch, her memory of the last five months of her life has been erased.  She no longer remembers Patch or anything she has learned about the world of the Nephil or the angels, including anything that happened while she was being held captive.  Nora doesn't know whom she can trust.  To make matters worse neither Vee nor her mother have the ability to remember Patch either.  Could Patch actually be the cause of her problems?

But, Nora becomes stronger and begins to regain glimpses of her past.  She slowly begins to understand her connection to Patch as well as the nefarious Black Hand.  Nora begins to take matters into her own hands and enlists the help of Scott in order to truly put her life back in order. 

PhotobucketOne of the best things about this book is that it's not the end of the series.  I had thought it would be, but no, my friends; it is not.  In September, Becca Fitzpatrick announced that there would indeed be a fourth book.  Our new problem is that we will have a whole year to wait for its amazing arrival.  Until then; however, Fitzpatrick's site has some really cool features for those of us who love her books.  Please make sure you visit it.  There is even a Patch and You section that allows readers to insert themselves into the story or into a picture with Patch. Are you kidding me?  It truly can't get any better.   And, there will be a graphic novel version coming soon.  Equally awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment